We offer private and group lessons for:
- Banjo ~ Old-Time / Bluegrass / Minstrel
- Bodhran (Irish Drum)
- Old-Time Fiddle
- Mountain Dulcimer
- Traditional Singing ~ Irish / Appalachian / HarmonyCountry
And remember ~ We specialize in Beginners!
Our teaching studio is located within the Triangle Music School, at 4815 Hillsborough Rd. in Durham (known locally as "The Big Yellow House" .
Typically, students enrolled in private lessons meet with their teachers on a weekly basis. However, bi-monthly lessons are sometimes available for non-prime time slots (before 3:30 p.m.) Tuition is payed by the month, and is due at the month's first lesson.
Private lesson monthly tuition, (based on four lessons per month):
- 30 minute lessons: $100
- 45minute lessons: $150
- 60 minute lessons: $200
- 5% off each additional family member enrolled
- Free 30 minute lesson for each referral who enrolls for their 1st month!
- Students also receive 20% off the normal admission price of any of our other ticketed events such as our House Concert Series or periodic Workshops.
We try hard to accommodate folks busy schedules and will do our best to re-schedule if a lesson has to be missed. However, students who give less than 24 hours notice of cancellation may still be charged for that lesson.
We usually create one recital opportunity during the course of the year. Since this is traditional music, our recitals are very informal, low pressure affairs, where having fun is always be more important than flawless execution!
Parking is available in the lot directly behind the big yellow house and along Brenrose Circle, between Hillsborough Road and Common Ground Theatre.
Please contact us with any questions you may have about lessons.